This product is being redesigned with dual units & will be re-released when it becomes available
GEOTECHNICAL ANALYSIS & STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF CANTILEVER / ANCHORED SHEETPILE WALLS
This is the first substructural software that we produced to due to client requests. We received many calls from consulting structural firm in the eastern & southeastern U.S. States to get a sheeting design software to the market. We honored that request and researched a consistent analysis method for the design of cantilevered and anchored sheetpile walls. We ended up using Blum’s method of design. Sheet pile wall has two modules- one for cantilever sheeting and the other for up to 3 levels of anchor support. You can use it to design cofferdams, cantilevered or anchored.
SoilStructure Sheetpile Design (Cantilever Module) is the only software with all of the following features:
- Dynamic diagram of Sheeting, earth, water and surcharge pressures on the computer screen & in print.
- Computation of active pressure & passive resistance using Rankine method (cohesion is ignored)
- Checking for required embedment and then factoring by 1.3 to get design embedment
- Convenient drop down menu of available sheeting & their associated properties per foot length.
- Display of Shear, Moment, Slope and Deflection in tabular and chart formats.
In addition, Sheetpile Design (Anchored Module) has the following design checks:
- Ability to define loading geometry (triangular, trapezoidal, rectangular, or unique user defined by picking 4 earth pressure values with depth (loading is usually given by the geotechnical engineer).
- Use of the Equivalent Beam Method & the associated 1.1 h methodology
- Drop down menu of common sheeting size and properties
- Statics check of sum of loads versus sum of reactions
- Design adequacy check for shear, bending and deflection
- Calculation of required embedment, deadman length, anchor forces & test loads
- Display of Shear, moment, Slope and Deflection in chart and tabular formats
SoilStructure Sheetpile Design references AISC Steel Manual 14th edition and Foundation Engineering, 2nd edition, by A.R. Jumikis.