GEOTECHNICAL ANALYSIS & STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF CANTILEVER & RESTRAINED RETAINING WALLS – V3.
SoilStructure Cantilever Retaining Wall (CRW), version 3 is a practical and very easy to use retaining wall design software. It can analyze cantilever and restrained retaining walls that are comprised of Reinforced Concrete or Concrete Masonry Units. It can also analyze fence walls. It currently uses the English unit system only. CRW also complies with the requirements of ACI 318-14 and 2012/2015 IBC. NOTE: There is no yearly maintenance fee, so the USB price you pay is all that you pay! This software was rewritten over an 8 month period until we were satisfied that it is very robust.
Updated July 21, 2016
When you have a retaining wall to design, you have a collection of checks to satisfy. Some of these checks are stability analysis like sliding and overturning. Other checks are per ACI 318 like minimum reinforcement, shear and moment capacity. However, a multitude of geotechnical checks are also needed. These include settlement, wall deflection and stability of a temporary vertical cut.
SoilStructure Retaining Wall Design Software considers the soil effects and the temporary excavation stability of retaining structures. ( VIEW Retaining Wall Video )
Click on NEW Client Discount to get the 20% off discount price.
This program is the only retaining wall design software that combines geotechnical checks and structural design calculations as one complete treatment of design.
- Taking into account the response of bearing pressure when axial dead & live loads are present
- Computation of retaining wall footing settlement due to distortion & consolidation settlement
- Checking for stability of excavation cut
- Sizing stem walls for Wind
- Design of shear stem key @ the top of footing – bottom of stem interface
- Calculation to check of whether Active or At rest or in between earth pressures apply to the stem
- Calculating passive earth resistance when passive soils are descending, ascending or level
- Calculating at rest earth pressure when the backfill soils are overconsolidated and inclined
- Option to include all 3 common surcharges – point load, line load and strip load
- Creating P-M interaction diagram for each stem wall section
- T & S Bars analysis and detailing diagram
- Development and splice length is automated for all the stems, heel, toe and keyway
- Reinforcement for Base Shear Keyway
- Shear & Moment Design for up to 3 Concrete Stem or CMU stem sections
- Applied forces and moments at many locations along the stem
- Shear & Moment Design for Heel Slab
- Shear & Moment Design for Toe Slab
- Design of optional footing keyway as a bracket
- Temperature & Shrinkage for Stem and Footing
- Inclusion of detailed Tables, Charts, References and Dynamic Diagrams
- A compact, detailed and color report with reinforcement cross section that is drawn to scale
- A 7 to 9 page report (depending on surcharges and stem sections) can be printed in PDF or on ink.
SoilStructure Retaining Wall V3 references many recent and few obscure but great publications. Option is given to use friction angle & soil unit weight with Rankine, Coulomb or Muller-Breslau or the equivalent fluid pressure. We encourage the use of friction angle/unit weight option as these are fundamental properties that are measurable in the geotechnical lab. Three parallel windows are displayed to reveal the effects of your input and output. Users are assumed to be skilled in the “manual design” of retaining walls.
Basement wall design philosophy: We fix the stem at the footing base and pin it at the top for the stem wall. The program will give you the lateral force at the top of the wall. We also suggest you check a cantilever condition of all restrained walls, since the wall may be backfilled early by the contractor. The double curtains of steel will come in handy for restrained wall design.
|Sample #1: SoilStructure Cantilever Wall||Sample #2: SoilStructure Basement Wall|
|Sample #3: SoilStructure Driveway Short Wall||Sample #4: SoilStructure Fence Wall with Guard Rail|