NEW SOIL SETTLEMENT ANALYSIS SOFTWARE – FOR FOUNDATIONS, GROUP PILES AND EMBANKMENTS
After more than 6 months of research, review of more than 18 books and months of programming routines, SoilStructure Software is pleased to announce the release of SETTLEMENT ANALYSIS Software.
Soil Settlement Analysis is complex and left for the experienced geotechnical engineer. The vertical stresses induced by the structural loading are combined with compressibility characteristics of the supporting soils and Bedrock to compute induced soil consolidation and subsequent settlement of structures. Therefore, as of today, July 2012, our program is the only geotechnical analysis software that seamlessly integrates geotechnical parameters and footing or embankment loadings/shape with dynamic diagrams as one complete treatment of soil settlement analysis. This program uses Boussinesq stress analysis and Coduto’s Geotechnical Engineering & Foundation Design books as a reference.
SoilStructure Settlement Analysis Software has the following capabilities:
- Input of layered soils – from 2 to 18 layers starting at the bottom of footings or embankments
- Option to Choose Terzaghi & Peck Method (1967) or Schmertman, Hartman & Brown (1978) method
- Confirmation of foundation & embankment loadings with dynamic plan & cross section diagram
- “Guidance” Table on allowable total static and differential static settlement values
- For layered soils option to choose continuous, rectangular, round and square shapes
- Ability to hover on a chart with the mouse and see instantly X and Y values of interest
- Generation of 60 nodes depicting induced stresses and strains
- Generation of detailed charts and calculation columns with depth
- Dual units option – English and SI Units.
In addition, this geotechnical software can be used for:
- Settlement analysis of water tanks, oil tanks and silo foundations
- Settlement analysis of mat or raft foundation (square or circular in shape)
- Settlement of isolated building and solar foundations
- Settlement of group piles in rectangular, square or circular block shape (at 2/3 embedment level)
- Settlement of embankments, temporary surcharges and pavements
- Accurate determination of differential settlement by running two points with a know distance
All you need are boring logs, compressibility/unit weights of soil and foundation or embankment loadings & shape.
Like with other Structure Software, analysis takes 10 minutes or less. For the first time in decades, it is now possible for geotechnical engineers to include static settlement analysis calculations routinely on every project. Users are assumed to be skilled in the “manual calculation” of soil consolidation.
Sample Screen Shots